Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Russia Excuses

I was very intentional in leaving my computer at home while I was in Russia.  My plan was to do everything possible to be fully present for my time there.  For my first trip I am extremely glad that I made that decision.  The drawback to that is it is going to take me a while to get all my Russia posts written and online.  So for now I leave you with a list of excuses why I haven't posted anything yet:

10. Jet lag - I still get really sleepy at about 3:00 PM, and can barely keep my eyes open at 8:00 PM after the kids go to bed.  
9.  I have a full time job that I had to go back to the Monday immediately following my Saturday return.
8. Jet lag - My brain still isn't fully functioning from the transition.  
7.  I have two children that want to spend every moment possible with their mommy and I try to honor that because one day it will be gone.  
6.  Jet lag - My body is really confused.  
5.  I have a sweet husband that has been doing everything since I left and I am trying desperately to jump back in and do my part.
4.  Jet lag - When I do sleep I have trouble staying asleep, but part of that problem is related to #7.
3.  I know that pictures will tell a lot of the story for me and after spending two and a half weeks with a professional photographer I need to do a little editing of my pictures before they are posted.  
2.  Jet lag.

and the #1 reason is......

1.  I am partially struggling with finding the right words to tell my story in a way that brings honor to God.  

Until I get some good rest and have some time to overcome those obstacles  here are a few pictures.  







You can also visit our church Russia mission blog to read Mike's posts about our journey.  He was able to do most of his blogging while we were there.  The up side is he writes for a living and his writing is beautiful.  My writing will probably feel more like a conversation with an old friend.  It will be grammatically incorrect.   


Paka!
~Love~
Julie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made a difference, not only on the kids there but on me too and you still do. I miss our time together as a team, but look forward to duplicating it all over again someday.

Love you and your beautiful family.

Mike

Anonymous said...

I understand the reasons--especially the jet lag. The excitement of going always seems to sustain me on the front side of the trip. And, recovery on the back side seems always to take longer. Could it be I am just getting older? Hmmm, let's ponder that but don't answer.

David

East Eurpean Education Project said...

Keep the stories coming. Your story is uniquely yours and we all want to hear it. God will use your story to affirm your calling and to bless those who are able to walk in your shoes just a little. Thank you to you and Rachael for adding beauty and youth and poise and energy to our team. May God richly bless you and your family for your kingdom work.

John

Miss G said...

Wonderful to read this post Julie! Take your time and hug on your family! Kelly